Some days I need a list of healthy foods to remind me of the right choices.
There are many types of healthy food lists.
This first one is a general guide of foods that are easy to obtain and gives you the best nutrition for your healthy body.
Want more healthy food lists? Check at the bottom of this page.
|Healthy Food Group||Items|
|FRUITS and VEGETABLES||Colorful vegetables such as red, yellow, orange bell peppers, avocado, green beans, lima beans, carrots, tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, sweet potatoes, squash including butternut or zucchini|
|FATS and VINEGAR||• Olive oil
• Vinegar – any kind
|DAIRY PRODUCTS||• Low fat or fat –free milk, low fat plain yogurt, lowfat sour cream.
• Cheese: cheddar, mozzarella, swiss
|PROTEIN||• Skinless chicken, fish, shrimp, 29 cuts of beef, turkey
• Beans: Lentils, black beans, pinto Beans, kidney beans
|BREADS, PASTA, CEREAL||• Whole grains: whole grain bread, pasta, flour
• Brown rice
• Low sugar cereal and oatmeal
|SNACKS||• Dried fruits: apricots, raisins
• Nuts : whole almonds, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, and cashews.
|DRINKS||• Plain or sparkling water|
|EXTRAS||• Whey Powder
• Flax Meal
What more food lists? Check these out!
1. Best Healthy Foods to Eat
2. Organic or Conventional: Which one to buy? The Dirty Dozen and The Clean Fifteen
3. Best Healthy Food to Lose Weight
4. Cheap Healthy Food. A list of healthy foods that are easy on the budget.
5. Healthy breakfast foods, including some that are made quickly “to go”. 6. Top 10 Healthy Foods. The best foods you should be eating.